ADVISORY BOARD & SUPPORTERS
International Advisory Board
- Patrick Baert, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK.
- Norma Burgess, Syracuse University, Syracuse NY, USA.
- Bill Cope, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA; Director, Common Ground.
- Vangelis Intzidis, University of the Aegean, Rhodes.
- Paul James, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Mary Kalantzis, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- Chryssi Vitsilakis-Soroniatis, University of the Aegean, Rhodes, Greece.
- University of the Aegean, Rhodes, Greece
The Globalism Institute,
RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
The Globalism Institute is the public face of a university-wide research strength in globalisation and cultural diversity at RMIT University. The Institute undertakes engaged research into globalisation, transnationalism, nationalism and cultural diversity. It seeks to understand and critically evaluate current directions of global change, with an emphasis on the cultural implications of political and economic transformation. The role of the Institute is to initiate and manage research and community projects involving consortia of academics, researchers and consultants from diverse backgrounds. These collaborative projects draw on expertise from across the university and beyond, in fields such as global politics, international relations, community studies, cross-cultural communication, international education, international trade, productive diversity, global English and media studies. For further information, visit our website, or contact us by email.