Guidelines for submitting your completed paper to the journal for consideration...
About the Submission Process
Registration in the Social Sciences Conference allows participants the opportunity to publish in an academic journal. Presenters have the option to submit their papers for refereeing and possible publication in The Social Sciences Collection any time before the conference and up to one month after the conference. Papers submitted for publication will be fully refereed. The publication decision is based on the referees' reports.
To submit, at least one author of each paper must be registered to attend the symposium (to a maximum of one paper per registered author—which means, for instance, that two registered authors may submit two jointly authored papers).
For those unable to attend the conference in person, virtual registrations are available. This provides participants access to the electronic version of the journal, and also the option to submit papers for refereeing and consideration by the journal.
All registered participants will be given online access to all papers published by the journal from the time of registration until one year after the end date of the conference.
Papers are published continuously to the journal's online bookstore, as soon as the publication process is completed for each paper (and that can be any time before the conference, and continues after the conference as papers are refereed).
If full refereeing of your final paper is required before the conference in order to attend in-person, papers should be submitted more than three calendar months before the opening date of the conference.
It is possible to attend and present at the conference without submitting or publishing a formal written paper if you choose not to do so.
Author Guidelines—preparing your paper- Formatting Requirements:
We require presenters to use our CGCreator Microsoft Word Template which can be
We are not able to accept papers that have not used the template.
- Papers should be approximately 2,000-5,000 words in length. They should be written as continuous expository narrative in a chapter or article style - not as lists of points or a PowerPoint presentation.
- Please remember that the papers are to be published in a fully refereed academic journal. This means that the style and structure of your text should be relatively formal. For instance, you should not submit a verbatim transcript of your oral presentation, such as 'Today I want to speak to you about ...'.
- You may use any referencing style you choose, as long as you use it consistently and to the appropriate standards.
- Spelling can vary according to national usage, but should be internally consistent.
- Papers should be thoroughly checked and proof-read before submission, both by the author and a critical editorial friend – after you have submitted your paper you are unable to make any changes to it during the refereeing process.
- Papers will be assessed by referees against ten criteria - or fewer if some criteria do not apply to a particular kind of paper.
- Figures and images must be clear and easy to view. We can not improve the quality of images.
- Figures and tables need to be placed where they are to appear in the text. If preferred, you can also place images and tables at the end of your paper.
- Please refrain from using Word Drawing objects. Instead use images imported from a drawing program. Word Drawing objects will not be rendered in the typeset version.
- Keywords are extremely important in search engine rankings. To achieve better exposure for your paper, please make sure your keywords are clear and accurate.
- If your paper has been rejected we will allow a maximum of TWO further resubmissions until TWO months prior to the anticipated publication date.
The refereeing process for publication in the journal is a rigorous measure of the quality of content. Authors are expected to revise to the standards required of the more negative of the referee reports they receive. For instance, if one referee recommends 'resubmit with major revisions' and another 'resubmit with minor revisions', the author is expected to resubmit with major revisions.
Furthermore, some papers may have excellent content, but may be poorly expressed in English—in the case, for instance, of authors whose first language is not English. When we receive a negative response from a referee to Criterion 10, 'Quality of Communication', we may request a complete rewrite regardless of the overall score. This could be arranged by the author themselves, preferably using an experienced editor.
The Submission Process—how and where to submit your paper
Final papers can now be submitted to the journal using our online conference and paper management system "CGPublisher". To upload your paper to our system please view the instructions in the CGPublisher Guide at this link.
- If you do not know your login details you can reset them at CGPublisher. Click on the "Forgotten Login" button and follow the prompts. A new password will be emailed to you.
The Publication Process
The publication process is as follows:
- Submit a presentation proposal to the conference (in-person or virtual) at the call for papers page before the next deadline.
- If your proposal is accepted by the conference advisory team, you may register for an in-person or virtual presentation. You may submit your paper any time between registration and one calendar month after the closing date of the conference
- Once your paper is received, it is verified against template and submission requirements. Your identity and contact details are then removed, the paper is matched to two appropriate referees and sent for review. You can view the status of your paper at any time by logging into your CGPublisher account at www.CGPublisher.com.
- When referee reports are uploaded, you will be notified by email and provided with a link to view the reports (after the referees' identities have been removed).
- You will then be asked to submit a revised final copy of your paper and accept the Publishing Agreement.
- Your paper will be typeset and the proofs sent to you for final approval before publication in the online bookstore.
- Papers are published continuously in the online bookstore and the entire volume of the journal is published annually.
- Registered participants will be given access to the online journal from the time of registration until one year after the conference end date. Individual papers will also be available for purchase from the journal's website: The Social Sciences Collection
Please direct all enquiries to the journal administrators at: info-IJI@commongroundpublishing.com