WHEN IN RHODES ...
Some useful information regarding the conference and getting around in Rhodes
* University of the Aegean Detail *Q. What is the exact address of the entrance closest to the main conference building (with the theatre) for delegates to give taxi drivers?
Leoforos Dimokratis 1
University of the Aegean
1 Demokratias Avenue
Q. What do the locals call the ‘University of the Aegean’?
* Getting to and from the airport *- Taxi
A taxi from the airport to the center of Rhodes costs around 14 Euros. It is the best transport option available. (Please check with driver re any airport or other additional charges.)
- Bus Service
There is an infrequent local bus service to the centre of Rhodes but the bus stop is not located in front of the main Airport arrivals area. It is some 200 meters from the airport building.
* Getting to and from the conference *- Venue Transportation options
Bus line No. 3 connects the main hotel area in Rhodes with the University every 45 minutes.
- Driving to the Venue
Free parking is available at the conference venue.
* Useful information on external sites *(We cannot vouch for the content of any external links, rather they are offered to assist delegates. The selection is arbitrary and the order random.)
- Rhodes Airport to Rhodes Town
Distance from city centre: 15 km
- Transportation to city centre:
Taxi: EUR 14+ / 20 min.
Bus: EUR 1,70 / 30 min.
(These figures are guides only and may vary according to circumstances.)
rodos.com/useful-info - everything Rhodian from temperature and bicycle hire to money and consulates.
Taxis Abroad - an airport taxi pre-booking service.
Rhodes Tourist Information - useful numbers: medical, emergency, radio taxis, etc.
Rhodes and the Greek Islands - maps, activities, festivals, etc.
Greek tourist information in Greece - mainland Greece and the Greek islands.
Rhodes Town - The City of Knights.
Matt Barrett's Guide to the Island of Rhodes.
Please visit again for updates.